White Wine DAOU Sauvignon Blanc 2020. DAOU winery was founded by brothers Daniel and Georges who were forced to flee their native Lebanon as children for a new life in France. Here they began to fall in love with the art of making wine, although it wasn’t until they had moved to the United States that they finally had the opportunity to make their own wine. The DAOU estate today has six prime vineyards in the Adelaida District of Paso Robles. The land sits on a hilltop which was described by legendary winemaker André Tchelistcheff as a jewel of ecological elements”. The diverse array of terroirs and microclimates makes this an ideal spot to grow both black and white grape varieties, including the Sauvginon Blanc used for this bottling. Cooling breezes and fogs from the nearby Pacific Ocean help provide ideal growing conditions for Sauvignon Blanc, ensuring the grapes reach optimal ripeness while retaining plenty of freshness and aromatics. The nose is bursting with green apple, citrus zest, lychee and hints of key lime pie, while the first sip reveals a mouthwatering freshness, light body and pure, clean finish which pairs beautifully with seafood, grilled fish, leafy salads and creamy cheeses.

White Wine DAOU Sauvignon Blanc 2020

2020

White Wine DAOU Sauvignon Blanc 2020


White Wine Decugnano dei Barbi Mare Antico Orvieto Superiore 2020. Decugnano dei Barbi winery is located near Orvieto, Umbria’s most renowned wine town. Claudio Barbi set up the estate for wine production in 1973, and its very first wines hit the market in 1978. Claudio’s sole aim has always been to create high-quality wines that express the terroir of Orvieto beautifully. The terroir is composed of stunning rolling hills, sandy clay soil, and rich wine-making culture. Wines made with the Orvieto name must be made of at least 60% Trebbiano Toscano and Grechetto. In the case of Decugnano dei Barbi’s Mare Antico”, the remaining 40% is filled with Chardonnay and Vermentino. Notes of yellow apple, aromatic citrus zest, and a strawlike earthiness emerge on the nose of this refined wine. It is named for an ancient sea that existed on the site of Decugnano’s vineyards, depositing sea shells and oyster fossils in the soil. Lively citrus flavours mingle on the palate, along with apricot and an interesting saline note, reminiscent of briny green olives, that was imparted by the soil. Relatively potent for white wine, as Orvietos must be at least 12% alcohol, it will pair well with cheese, squid, and shellfish dishes. Serve it slightly chilled.

White Wine Decugnano dei Barbi Mare Antico Orvieto Superiore 2020

2020


White Wine Delaporte Sancerre Blanc Monts Damnes 2020. No need to decant. Created by Vincent Delaporte, the Domaine Delaporte is now run by his grandson Matthieu with a masterful hand since his arrival in 2010 at the age of 22. His modern vision of viticulture led him to work the plots separately. Thanks to the variety of terroirs at his disposal, the young winegrower produces superb plot cuvées through organic viticulture and meticulous vinifications. The vineyards, located in Chavignol, extend over more than 12 hectares of flint soil. The estate has cult plots such as Monts Damnés, Cul de Beaujeu and La Côte. The grapes come from the vineyard on the coast of the Monts Damnés which is located on a very rugged and steep hill of Chavignol on the soil of Kimmeridgian marl and was planted around the tenth century by the Benedictine monks of the Abbey of Saint-Satur. The wine has a splendid golden color. The nose is powerful and rich in flavors where fruits and white flowers predominate, with very ripe pear and peach, enhanced by nuances of noble spices and balsamic notes. In the mouth, the wine is round, dense, and velvety with a balanced freshness and a salty and persistent finish. Have it with tuna or mackerel.

White Wine Delaporte Sancerre Blanc Monts Damnes 2020

2020